General Camp Resolute Information

Camp Resolute Mail & Telephone
Name of Scout
Troop # & Campsite
Camp Resolute
75 Hudson Road
Bolton, MA 01740
Phone: 978-779-2777
Fax: 508-872-9092


Parents and friends are welcome during check-in on Sundays from 1:00 to 5:00 pm. You may tour camp and take advantage of our Trading Post and family picnic areas.

All visitors are required to sign in at the Camp Administration Building. All visitors will receive a "visitor badge" that must be worn while in camp.

Family Barbeque
We invite you to join us at 5:30 p.m. on Friday for our family Southern barbecue. You may purchase your tickets from the camp trading post on Sunday. All parents and family members are encouraged to attend. Your Scout will be glad to see you and share his experiences with you. Tickets cost $9.00 for Adults, $7.00 for children 5 to 10 years old and under 4 years old are free.

Camp Telephone & Technology
Our business phones may be used in emergencies to contact parents with the permission of your troop Scoutmaster. The camp office is not equipped to allow for personal internet use by Scouts. Please plan accordingly and try to enjoy a technology free week.

Trading Post
Our community store, the Trading Post, is open most of the day except during meals. You will find a wide variety of items including T-shirts, patches, mugs, merit badge pamphlets, craft kits, candy, ice cream, slush, snacks and soda. Please be sure your son has appropriate spending money as to not feel left out.

Camp Photos
A photo of your Scoutís troop is a great souvenir of camp! These color 8Ē x 10Ē troop photos will be taken on Sunday before retreat. Please see your Unit Leader for ordering details. Photos cost $10.00.

It is the policy of the Boy Scouts of America that at least two registered adult leaders, one of whom must be over 21 years of age, are present for all trips and outings, which includes residential summer camp. This is the Leadership policy approved by the national Executive Board of the Boy Scouts of America. Your cooperation and support is appreciated.

Food Service
Everyone at camp is served wholesome, well-balanced family/cafeteria style meals in the dining hall. The dining hall and cafeteria system are explained at camp. Menus are approved by qualified dietitians. Units provide waiters for all meals.

Buddy System
The National Boy Scouts of America require that all scouts utilize the ďbuddy system.Ē This requires that two or more campers stay together at all times, day and night, while at Camp Resolute.

In the event of an emergency, an air-raid siren will sound. Everyone will assemble on the Parade Field by troop, leaders must then do a head count of their Scouts. To report an emergency, proceed to the Administration Building and report your emergency to the Medical Officer on duty.

Scout Vespers
A Scout is Reverent. Scout Vespers will be held weekly at 6:45 pm at the camp chapel on Tuesday. We also provide a chapel for quiet reflection.

Each Scout should plan to have at least one complete summer uniform in camp. Uniforms are encouraged to be worn for the evening meal. Comfortable clothes and a bathing suit should also be available for daily use during activities.

Morning colors will be held after breakfast at 8:40am. In the evening we will gather Sunday at 5:45pm and Monday-Thursday at 5:15pm for a formal flag lowering ceremony. The Camp Resolute Formal Parade and Retreat Ceremony will be held Sunday and at 7:15 p.m. on Friday at the Parade Field. On parade nights troops are encouraged to bring their troop and American flags. Please help us to make the parade something of which to be proud by encouraging your Scouts to participate in full Class A uniform.

Your Campsite
Each campsite has thousands of dollars worth of equipment in it. Troops are responsible for the care and up keep of all equipment. Any damage to your site that you discover upon arrival should be reported immediately to the Camp Commissioner. Units are financially responsible for any damage caused by its members to camp property and equipment. Have your Scouts keep their sites and the trails leading to it clean. (Assignments for clean-up will be made at the beginning of the week).

Taps is played each night at 10pm. Campers are expected to be in their sites and quiet at this time. A Scout that is required to leave the site for an emergency trip to the health lodge must be accompanied by an adult leader or camp staff member.

The Camper shower houses (for under 18 years old only) and Adult shower house (with separate male and female units as well as handicapped access units) is available each day from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM. We ask that troops provide supervision for their campers when they are utilizing the camperís shower house. You will also be asked to help us keep the shower houses clean by participating in a rotating schedule of cleaning the shower houses.

Please remind parents and leaders that they cannot bring pets to visit or stay at Camp Resolute. This is especially important on Sunday and Friday because of the number of visitors we have in camp.

All vehicles must be kept in the main parking lot. Anyone with special medical disabilities which may require a vehicle for transport are required to notify the Camp Director in writing one week prior to arrival for approval; a special pass will be issued as well as rules for compliance. If a troop has large equipment that they wish to transport, they may do so on Sunday morning, from 6:00 am to 10:30 am. There will be no private vehicles allowed after 10:30 am Sunday.

Fuel Storage
Flammable liquids must be stored in our storage facility when not being used. Propane containers which are not connected to a stove or lantern, must be in our storage facility. Liquid fuel containers must be stored in our storage facility. All fueled devices, lanterns, stoves, etc. must be operated by adults or under adult supervision.

Rainy Day Activities
Be prepared for the worst. Please make sure that your Scouts have adequate rain gear and warm clothes. Encourage them to bring cards, checkers and other small games. Donít hesitate to bring your troop tarps.

Laundry services are available at laundromats outside of camp.

Initiation & Hazing
Initiations and hazing of any type are not permitted at Camp Resolute or anywhere in Scouting.

Strictly Prohibited Items
Alcohol, drugs, straight blade knives, and fireworks are against Massachusetts Law and are strictly prohibited. Possession and/or use of any of these items will result in dismissal from camp. A report may also be filed with the local police and fire officials.

Only camp-owned .22 caliber firearms and ammunition are permitted in camp. Privately owned firearms and ammunition of any type are forbidden. They present unnecessary risks and our firearms and ammunition will be provided free of charge. In addition, personal bows and arrows are not permitted in camp.

Bikes are not allowed to ride on camp trails during summer camp. If they arrive with your troop they will be held until you depart on Friday.


Safety and Compliance

Our primary concern is the safety and well-being of every camper. Our camp follows all safety and risk management guidelines set by the Boy Scouts of America, the local, state and federal boards of health, and the American Camp Association, a national camp organization that sets high standards for both the health and safety of campers and staff, and the delivery of quality programs. All camps in Massachusetts must comply with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (105 CMR 430.000). In addition, the Bolton Board of Health licenses our camp.

As required by MA DPH 105 CMR 430:190 (C) and (D), these our camp must comply with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and be licensed by the local board of health. Parents may request copies of background checks, health care and discipline policies, as well as procedures for filing grievances.

American Camp Association (ACA) accreditation means that the Camp Resolute cares enough to undergo a thorough annual review of its operationómore than 250 standards from staff qualifications and training to emergency management. ACA collaborates with experts from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Red Cross and other youth service agencies to assure that current practices reflect the most up-to-date, research-based standards in camp operation. A health officer staffs the camp health lodge and a local physician is on call.


Medical Forms

Every adult and Scout in camp MUST have a completely filled out medical form on file in the Health Lodge in order to stay at Camp Resolute.

All campers are required to have a physical examination within 12 months prior to arriving at camp. All medical forms must be completed and signed by a physician each year (including immunization update) and brought to camp on your first day. In addition, the immunization record for each camper, youth or adult, must include the following vaccines: Hepatitis B for all children born after December 31, 1992 (3 doses are required); Diphtheria, Tetanus Toxoids and Pertussis (at least 4 doses); MMR (2 doses or proof of laboratory evidence of immunity) and Polio (3 to 4 doses depending on the type). Your physician must sign the camp medical form Ė no signed attachments will be accepted. Make certain that both the parentís signature and physicianís signature sections are filled out and a copy of the health insurance card is attached to the form. Medical forms are available here.

All medical forms must be retained by camp, so please make any copies you might need for other activities. Units with Christian Scientist members will need to provide a special medical form, located at, pertaining to their faithís medical policies.

View/Print Medical Form



State regulations cover the storage and dispensing of medications. All medication must come to camp in the original containers and be stored by the health officer in locked compartments in the camp health lodge. Exceptions to storage by the health officer are authorized for medications for treatment of allergies and asthma. Questions about these medications should be raised with the camp prior to the childís arrival. To ensure a smooth transition, we recommend that your child continue the medications he needs during the school year at summer camp. If prescription medications are brought to camp, the container must have a pharmacy label showing the prescription number, patientís name, date filled, physicianís name, name of medication and directions for use. This information must also be on the camp medical form. Any camper coming to camp with a prescription Epi-pen or inhaler must bring two of either, one for the health lodge and one for the unit. The health officer dispenses medication according to the directions. If a camper refuses to take prescribed medications, this refusal is documented in the health log and the parent/guardian is notified.


Health Care Consultant

The health care consultant (HCC) is a licensed physician. The HCC assists in the development of the camp's health care policy; develops and signs written orders for the health care supervisor; and is available for consultation at all times. The health care consultant is not present at camp.


Health Officer

A health supervisor, who is at least 18 years of age and is present at the camp at all times. The health officer shall be a Massachusetts licensed physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner,

registered nurse, licensed practical nurse The health officer is, by regulation, present at the camp at all times and is, at a minimum, a Massachusetts licensed physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, registered nurse, or licensed practical nurse. The health care consultant authorizes the health officer to be in charge of health matters at camp on a day-to-day basis and to dispense medications.


Health Care Policy

Complete health care policy for Camp Resolute is available to a parent or guardian upon request to Knox Trail Council, Program Service Center, 75 Hudson Road, Bolton, MA 01740.


Care of Mildly Ill Campers

Each camper or staff member is responsible for reporting any signs of illness to the health officer (HO), who assesses each situation. The HO may administer over-the-counter medications he/she believes are warranted if they are authorized by the parent/guardian. If the HO determines the child should be sent home or seen by the health care consultant, he/she informs the reservation director and arrangements are made. In both situations, the parent/guardian is contacted as soon as possible.


Care of Campers who have an Illness/Accident at Camp

Parents/guardians will be notified as soon as possible should a camper be taken to the doctor's office/hospital for an injury or health condition and if medication has been prescribed by the camp's health care consultant. The health officer or reservation director will notify parents/guardians of any persistent conditions or ailments. Parents/guardians should notify their doctor and health care provider of any health condition or accident/injury occurring at camp for follow-up visits and billing purposes.


Massachusetts Department of Public Health

At the request of the Department of Public Health we have included a fact sheet on Meningococcal disease on our Camp Resolute website. Campers attending a resident camp are not considered to be at an increased risk. The United States Centers for Disease Control, Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the Knox Trail Council encourage everyone to be safe outdoors. Diseases associated with ticks and mosquitoes are growing threats in Massachusetts. When outdoors, please take necessary precautions as suggested by the Centers for Disease Control.


CDC Camping Health & Safety


CDC Tick


This camp must comply with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and be licensed by the local board of health.



Campers attending Camp Resolute are expected to maintain appropriate behavior at all times. Respect for all members of the camp community and Resolute facilities is expected at all times. All discipline shall have as its intent the modification of behavior to within acceptable parameters. Discipline shall be limited to counseling, close supervision/monitoring, and restriction from selected activities. At no time will discipline be administered by a staff member under18 years of age unless the actions in question pose a safety hazard to the offender or another individual. Then action appropriate to remedy the situation may be employed. Discipline shall be constructive or educational in nature, and may include such measures as diversion, separation from problem situations, talking with the camper about the situation, or praise for appropriate behavior.



The reservation director reserves the right to dismiss a camper when, in the directorís judgment, the camperís behavior interferes with the rights of others, prevents the smooth functioning of a group or activity, or violates the campís principles of conduct.


Christian's Law

In accordance with Massachusetts Law, the Camp Resolute screens campers for swim levels on the first day of camp and provides Coast Guard approved lifejackets for non-swimmers if they choose to wear them. You must inform the camp if you require your camper to wear a lifejacket during swimming activities. If parents wish to send along their own lifejackets they need to conform with the law as stated below. Note: Campers are screened in our pond and donít wear a lifejacket during the screening.

MGL c 111 Section 127A1/2. (a) The department of public health shall adopt rules or regulations requiring municipal and recreational programs and camps for minor children under its jurisdiction to have a system in place to have Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices of Type I, II or III available to non-swimmers and at-risk swimmers who will be present in a swimming or diving area, excluding swimming pools, wading pools and other artificial bodies of water.

(b) A determination shall be made of each minorís swimming ability at the first swimming session at municipal and recreational programs and camps in order to identify and classify non-swimmers and at-risk swimmers. Minors attending a municipal or recreational program or camp shall then be confined to swimming areas consistent with the limits of their swimming skills or to swimming areas requiring lesser skills than those for which they have been classified.

(c) No municipal or recreational program or camp for minor children shall refuse, decline or otherwise prohibit a parent, guardian or person with custody of a minor from providing a Coast Guard approved personal flotation device of Type I, II or III to such municipal or recreational program or camp to be used by the minor for the duration of the minorís attendance at such camp.


Resident Camp Does Not Qualify for Child and Dependant Care Credit

Overnight camp is fun for the parents but doesnít qualify for the credit. While parents enjoy a break away from the kids during overnight camp, for tax purposes, the cost of sending your child to an overnight camp is never considered a work-related expense for purposes of the credit.

For more information check out IRS Publication 503, Child and Dependent Care Expenses. This publication is available at or by calling 800-TAX-FORM (800-829-3676).




Visit for additional information about Knox Trail Council.

Get Adobe Reader To view .pdf files you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader®, which can be downloaded for free.